Hey Guys,
I haven't posted for a few days, so I figured I would talk a bit about what's been going on.
Days at school are becoming more repetitive, and the stories are beginning to sound fairly similar, so I'm not going to burden you with my complaints. I do, however need to note that anyone planning on taking 4 hours of language classes every day for a month is strongly advised to not do so. It's hell. Especially when the teacher is a horrible human being. No, I'm not kidding.
On Tuesday, my Jerusalem class walked all over the Old City of Jerusalem and talked about Christianity, but the highlight, BY FAR, was the Church of the Holy Supulchre. I don't remember a time where I've ever been in a church, let alone been in a church that contains the location where Jesus was believed to have been crusified and buried with an epic ceremony going on. It was magnificent. As I didn't have a camera yet (though I bought one that night), I don't have any pictures, but I will be going back there with some friends to see it again and take pictures, so I'll post some as soon as I have them. This little paragraph doesn't even begin to express the happiness I felt while in that place. Maybe I'll convert. Or not.
Yesterday was a pretty laid back day. I went to school, was miserable, had lunch, napped, and then went out to celebrate my friend's birthday. When I got back, I realized that I haven't shown any pictures of the place where we live, so I took a few pictures, and then today I took a few more so I can show them to you. It's awesome. Here's the view from my window and from the balcony outside.
Today, I went to The Tower of David in the Old City, and we talked about Islam and the Muslim influences on Jerusalem. I'm not going to say too much becuase I've been to the places before and it wasn't the most exciting class, but I will post some pictures to make you all jealous. Just kidding. It won't let me because the internet here sucks. Sorry.
I won't be blogging through Yom Kippur, so I hope that each of you have an easy fast and gmar tov!
Becca
Bec - Love the view out your window. And as to pictures, are you open to requests? Will you show us your room? Hebrew U? Roommates? Inqiring minds want to know...
ReplyDeleteG'mar Tov,
Mom
Which room are you in?
ReplyDeleteWho are your ulpan and Jerusalem teachers?
AHHH! SO REMINISCENT!