Hey Everybody,
Last time I checked in was on Sunday, when I had just finished my first of two tests and was mentally preparing for the fact that I was going to be leaving Jerusalem on Thursday. Well, now it's Thursday.
Over the last few days, I've finished all of my tests, written all of my papers, and lastly, I packed up my whole room. It's kind of cool to be flying to Europe exactly four months after I got on a plane to take me to Israel to begin what will undoubtedly be one of the most meaningful adventures of my life. In the last four months, I've seen a lot of things, met a lot of people, learned a lot about myself, learned a lot about Judaism and the Jewish people, and completely fallen head over heels in love with Israel. Jerusalem has been an amazing backdrop for this adventure of personal and religious discovery, and it saddens me greatly to think of not living here anymore, but I am confident to say that with Jerusalem, I never really say goodbye--more of a "see you soon."
I'll outline you guys on my travel plans just so you have a vague idea of what I'll be up to. I have no idea what kind of internet access I'll have while in Europe, so I make no promises as far as how much (if at all) I'll be able to post, but I promise a really epic post when I get back.
In just a few hours, I will be stepping on a bus to take me to the Airport in Tel Aviv, and from there, I'll be flying to Madrid. I'm going to spend three nights in Madrid, including New Years (which happens to be falling on Shabbat). My friends and I will be giving the Chabad in Madrid a visit, and I'm pretty excited for that as I'm very interested to see what Judaism looks like in a very not Jewish country. We will then be spending two nights in Seville, two nights in Cordoba, and one night in Barcelona.
On the morning of the 7th, I'm getting on a plane at the crack of dawn in Barcelona and flying to Rome (!!!!!!!!!!) to meet a different group of people. I was in no way involved with creating the itinerary, and consequently, I know what we're going to be doing there. What I do know, however, is that we'll be going to Chabad over Shabbat there, so I'll get to compare that with the Chabad in Madrid.
I fly back home on the 11th, adn will be in Jerusalem for a week or so before going down to the south for a seminar with my program, and starting February 2, I will officially be a Kibutznik!
That's what I'm up to for the next month, and I will do my best to check in as often as I can (hopefully with a lot of picture). Until next time, have a good (and safe) New Years, and I can't wait to talk to you all in 2011.
Becca
No comments:
Post a Comment